Flooding hits parts of Norfolk and Waveney
PUBLISHED: 09:46 02 January 2018 | UPDATED: 09:46 02 January 2018
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have been hit by flooding this morning, as six alerts were issued across the county.
Flood water has been reported under the railway bridge in Thorpe End, Norwich, which is causing issues for accessing Broadland Business Park.
And there has been flooding near Costessey and Taverham Mills.
In Welney, the A1101 on the wash road is blocked by flooding.
And First Bus said their X1 service will not be serving Scarning and Wendling because of the floods.
Rainfall over the last few days have caused river levels to rise, prompting a number of flood alerts. There are:
• The Rivers Tud and Wensum from Fakenham to Costessey, including Wendling Beck;
• The tidal Rivers Bure, Ant and Thurne;
• The River Wensum from New Costessey to Thorpe Bridge at Norwich;
• The River Yare at Norwich, from Cringleford to Trowse Newton;
• The River Waveney from Diss and the River Dove to Ellingham, including Bungay;
• Little Ouse and River Thet.
The Environment Agency are monitoring river levels and have staff in the field checking for and clearing blockages.