Norfolk singer vows to return to The X Factor after failing to make judges’ houses
PUBLISHED: 10:56 16 October 2017 | UPDATED: 14:20 16 October 2017
A Norfolk singer who crashed out of the X Factor at the weekend has vowed to return next year - and keep on cheering on his older brother in this year’s series.
Alex Mallett, 18, from Lingwood, missed out on the chance to go to the X Factor’s Judge House last night, as his 22-year brother Leon progressed.
This morning the brothers appeared on the sofa together on Lorraine on ITV as the Lorraine Kelly quizzed them about their X Factor experience, which had seen them separated as a double act for the Six Chair Challenge.
Lorraine said the brothers had “caused a bit of chaos” on the show as judges and the audience became divided and fell out over their fate.
When asked if he would give X Factor another go next year Alex said: “I will give it a go, definitely.”
Leon admitted Sunday’s show had been a “brutal experience” and both brothers “really went for it” on their own.
Alex also praised the judges by saying: “They gave us a lot of good pointers.”
While understandably there was disappointment for Alex, there were still celebrations as his brother went through to the next round.
Leon said his family had a “mini party at my house last night” and his brother said he would be “right behind him” throughout the rest of the show.
In last weekend’s show Alex and Leon, aka ITG, were forced to split up and take on the Six Chair Challenge as solo artists.
For this weekend’s performances Leon performed Closer by The Chainsmokers, while Alex sang Plan B’s She Said.
The brothers currently work at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth. Their mother and grandmother also sing at the hotel.