Metro website says Great Yarmouth is “way cooler than you think”
PUBLISHED: 14:20 31 July 2017 | UPDATED: 14:20 31 July 2017
Archant Norfolk © 2014
A writer for a national newspaper has said Great Yarmouth is “way cooler than you think”.
The Metro newspaper, which is read by millions of people a month online and in print, featured the resort on its site.
A piece was published this weekend by journalist Andy Hill called 9 reasons Great Yarmouth is way cooler than you think.
The reasons he listed were:
1. The beach - which he said was better than Brigton’s
2. We invented fish fingers - the idea was formed by a Yarmouth-based factory worker in 1955
3. The Golden Mile - “Basically Las Vegas, without the nagging feeling you’re forking over money to the Trump family”
4. Our famously accessible broads - there is a “well-known fondness for pleasure craft”
5. Literary pedigree - Charles Dickens based much of his classic David Copperfield here
6. Architectural gems - The last wooden rollercoaster is based here at the Pleasure Beach
7. Civic pride - The 13th Century market square is among the largest in Britain
8. Showbiz! - Entertainers like Jimmy Carr and Jimmy Tarbuck are performing here this summer
9. It’s getting better - Hotels and restaurants have “improved vastly”
* Let us know in the comments what you think the best things about Great Yarmouth are.