Arctic vortex could mean a good dollop of snow for us
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
After the shift of the jet stream comes the next phase of circumstances which have already put in an appearance on the eastern side of America, as an Arctic vortex.
This is caused by dissolving ice molecules in the northern hemisphere craving more space. The water that is being produced is pushing the remaining ice molecules further into our southern hemisphere where they are causing a belt of destructive high and low pressure action.
This I predict will produce the type of winter we have not seen for years.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action