Are the people on the picture workers at old power station??
- Credit: Archant
Just what were these faces doing pinned to a wall?
Jean Davy from Gorleston wonders if readers can shed any light on this bizarre picture.
The little information she has leads her to believe the picture was taken at Great Yarmouth’s old power station just before it was pulled down.
One of them is her uncle Robert Ship of Cobholm, top left, and Mrs Davy wonders if the lads were staging a prank to mark the end of an era.
The photograph was among Mr Ship’s effects and although he died more than a decade ago it was among items that came to light as her family raided the family archives ahead of her 80th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Davy wanted to share the picture with readers and welcomes their feedback and memories via the letters page.
Do you know anyone in the photograph? Write to Letters at the Mercury, 169 King Street, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2PA or email email@example.com.
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 7 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return