Are the people on the picture workers at old power station??
- Credit: Archant
Just what were these faces doing pinned to a wall?
Jean Davy from Gorleston wonders if readers can shed any light on this bizarre picture.
The little information she has leads her to believe the picture was taken at Great Yarmouth’s old power station just before it was pulled down.
One of them is her uncle Robert Ship of Cobholm, top left, and Mrs Davy wonders if the lads were staging a prank to mark the end of an era.
The photograph was among Mr Ship’s effects and although he died more than a decade ago it was among items that came to light as her family raided the family archives ahead of her 80th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Davy wanted to share the picture with readers and welcomes their feedback and memories via the letters page.
Do you know anyone in the photograph? Write to Letters at the Mercury, 169 King Street, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2PA or email email@example.com.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 5 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich