Are the people on the picture workers at old power station??
- Credit: Archant
Just what were these faces doing pinned to a wall?
Jean Davy from Gorleston wonders if readers can shed any light on this bizarre picture.
The little information she has leads her to believe the picture was taken at Great Yarmouth’s old power station just before it was pulled down.
One of them is her uncle Robert Ship of Cobholm, top left, and Mrs Davy wonders if the lads were staging a prank to mark the end of an era.
The photograph was among Mr Ship’s effects and although he died more than a decade ago it was among items that came to light as her family raided the family archives ahead of her 80th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Davy wanted to share the picture with readers and welcomes their feedback and memories via the letters page.
Do you know anyone in the photograph? Write to Letters at the Mercury, 169 King Street, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2PA or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed