Layby has 70mph speed limit signs!
- Credit: Mick Castle
I reported this years ago, but nothing was done.
In the first picture see the 70mph (national speed limit applies) signs at the entrance to the A47 lay-by, just to the Great Yarmouth side of the White House, Cantley turn-off.
This lay-by of course was once the old roadway before the Acle bypass was built. It’s about time the old signs were replaced with blue parking signs befitting the lay-by which boasts a popular “greasy spoon” café.
It would be great if we could get this sorted if possible as it is currently the “Fastest Lay-By in Norfolk!”
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth North and Central
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony