Layby has 70mph speed limit signs!
- Credit: Mick Castle
I reported this years ago, but nothing was done.
In the first picture see the 70mph (national speed limit applies) signs at the entrance to the A47 lay-by, just to the Great Yarmouth side of the White House, Cantley turn-off.
This lay-by of course was once the old roadway before the Acle bypass was built. It’s about time the old signs were replaced with blue parking signs befitting the lay-by which boasts a popular “greasy spoon” café.
It would be great if we could get this sorted if possible as it is currently the “Fastest Lay-By in Norfolk!”
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth North and Central
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears