Layby has 70mph speed limit signs!
- Credit: Mick Castle
I reported this years ago, but nothing was done.
In the first picture see the 70mph (national speed limit applies) signs at the entrance to the A47 lay-by, just to the Great Yarmouth side of the White House, Cantley turn-off.
This lay-by of course was once the old roadway before the Acle bypass was built. It’s about time the old signs were replaced with blue parking signs befitting the lay-by which boasts a popular “greasy spoon” café.
It would be great if we could get this sorted if possible as it is currently the “Fastest Lay-By in Norfolk!”
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth North and Central
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 3 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 4 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 7 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 10 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre