Layby has 70mph speed limit signs!
- Credit: Mick Castle
I reported this years ago, but nothing was done.
In the first picture see the 70mph (national speed limit applies) signs at the entrance to the A47 lay-by, just to the Great Yarmouth side of the White House, Cantley turn-off.
This lay-by of course was once the old roadway before the Acle bypass was built. It’s about time the old signs were replaced with blue parking signs befitting the lay-by which boasts a popular “greasy spoon” café.
It would be great if we could get this sorted if possible as it is currently the “Fastest Lay-By in Norfolk!”
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth North and Central
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'