Do you remember when these celebrities visited Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth may not be known as a celebrity hot spot but the lure of the arcade machines, Joyland snails and the Pleasure Beach has proved too much for many well-known faces.
From actresses such as Joan Collins to musicians including Phil Collins, Archant community content curator Siofra Connor has delved through the archives to find some snaps of their visits.
The Genesis drummer performed at the Prince's Trust workshop in Caister in April 1987.
The Chase presenter Bradley Walsh came to Wellington Theatre to perform on the pier in 1995.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 5 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 8 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 9 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
The actress performed in Yarmouth alongside Bernie Winters in 1979.
The comedian opened Ormesby Fete in 1987.
John Carter arrived in the town in July 1988 to film an episode of classic travel show Wish You Were Here.
Mike Read with Keith Harris and Orville
The trio appeared at the BBC Radio One Roadshow in 1984, with Mike Read wearing a combination of mini shorts and dark sunglasses, while iconic green duck, Orville, received a large cheer from fans.
The former Family Fortunes host opened Caister fete in 1986.