FREETHORPE: Poppy leads Guides, at 19
- Credit: Archant
A marketing apprentice swaps business clothes for a uniform when she gets home.
Poppy George is adult leader of the 1st Freethorpe Guides – at the age of 19!
Poppy has been involved in the Guiding movement since the age of six, first as a Rainbow, then Brownie, followed by Guide, Senior Section, Young Leader and now Adult Leader.
She has achieved many awards through Guiding however she believed her camp licence was the most testing. She completed the practical side taking the girls camping on a Greenfield site at Strumpshaw for three days.
She wrote to MacDonalds at Brundall and asked for their support and a litter pick was organised around Strumpshaw, Braydeston and Brundall in the early evening. Sixteen Guides, four Guide leaders and a number of MacDonalds employees followed routes armed with litter bags and pickers.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy said: “I feel it is important to get involved with the local community and the litter pick was extremely successful.”
The teenager is currently doing an apprenticeship in marketing at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty in Norwich after gaining strong grades in my A-Levels but deciding university wasn’t for her.
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 4 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 5 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 8 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life