FREETHORPE: Poppy leads Guides, at 19
- Credit: Archant
A marketing apprentice swaps business clothes for a uniform when she gets home.
Poppy George is adult leader of the 1st Freethorpe Guides – at the age of 19!
Poppy has been involved in the Guiding movement since the age of six, first as a Rainbow, then Brownie, followed by Guide, Senior Section, Young Leader and now Adult Leader.
She has achieved many awards through Guiding however she believed her camp licence was the most testing. She completed the practical side taking the girls camping on a Greenfield site at Strumpshaw for three days.
She wrote to MacDonalds at Brundall and asked for their support and a litter pick was organised around Strumpshaw, Braydeston and Brundall in the early evening. Sixteen Guides, four Guide leaders and a number of MacDonalds employees followed routes armed with litter bags and pickers.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy said: “I feel it is important to get involved with the local community and the litter pick was extremely successful.”
The teenager is currently doing an apprenticeship in marketing at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty in Norwich after gaining strong grades in my A-Levels but deciding university wasn’t for her.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Teens aged 15 and 16 arrested after man stabbed in park robbery
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life