FREETHORPE: Poppy leads Guides, at 19
- Credit: Archant
A marketing apprentice swaps business clothes for a uniform when she gets home.
Poppy George is adult leader of the 1st Freethorpe Guides – at the age of 19!
Poppy has been involved in the Guiding movement since the age of six, first as a Rainbow, then Brownie, followed by Guide, Senior Section, Young Leader and now Adult Leader.
She has achieved many awards through Guiding however she believed her camp licence was the most testing. She completed the practical side taking the girls camping on a Greenfield site at Strumpshaw for three days.
She wrote to MacDonalds at Brundall and asked for their support and a litter pick was organised around Strumpshaw, Braydeston and Brundall in the early evening. Sixteen Guides, four Guide leaders and a number of MacDonalds employees followed routes armed with litter bags and pickers.
Poppy said: “I feel it is important to get involved with the local community and the litter pick was extremely successful.”
The teenager is currently doing an apprenticeship in marketing at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty in Norwich after gaining strong grades in my A-Levels but deciding university wasn’t for her.
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Drink driver caught while following police car on A47
- 3 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 4 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 5 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 6 Children's truck convoy returns to region's road this August
- 7 Artist unveils stunning new butterfly mural on private house
- 8 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 9 Queen's baton and carnival set to deliver 'super Saturday' in Yarmouth
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life