FREETHORPE: Poppy leads Guides, at 19
- Credit: Archant
A marketing apprentice swaps business clothes for a uniform when she gets home.
Poppy George is adult leader of the 1st Freethorpe Guides – at the age of 19!
Poppy has been involved in the Guiding movement since the age of six, first as a Rainbow, then Brownie, followed by Guide, Senior Section, Young Leader and now Adult Leader.
She has achieved many awards through Guiding however she believed her camp licence was the most testing. She completed the practical side taking the girls camping on a Greenfield site at Strumpshaw for three days.
She wrote to MacDonalds at Brundall and asked for their support and a litter pick was organised around Strumpshaw, Braydeston and Brundall in the early evening. Sixteen Guides, four Guide leaders and a number of MacDonalds employees followed routes armed with litter bags and pickers.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy said: “I feel it is important to get involved with the local community and the litter pick was extremely successful.”
The teenager is currently doing an apprenticeship in marketing at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty in Norwich after gaining strong grades in my A-Levels but deciding university wasn’t for her.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life