FREETHORPE: Poppy leads Guides, at 19
- Credit: Archant
A marketing apprentice swaps business clothes for a uniform when she gets home.
Poppy George is adult leader of the 1st Freethorpe Guides – at the age of 19!
Poppy has been involved in the Guiding movement since the age of six, first as a Rainbow, then Brownie, followed by Guide, Senior Section, Young Leader and now Adult Leader.
She has achieved many awards through Guiding however she believed her camp licence was the most testing. She completed the practical side taking the girls camping on a Greenfield site at Strumpshaw for three days.
She wrote to MacDonalds at Brundall and asked for their support and a litter pick was organised around Strumpshaw, Braydeston and Brundall in the early evening. Sixteen Guides, four Guide leaders and a number of MacDonalds employees followed routes armed with litter bags and pickers.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy said: “I feel it is important to get involved with the local community and the litter pick was extremely successful.”
The teenager is currently doing an apprenticeship in marketing at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty in Norwich after gaining strong grades in my A-Levels but deciding university wasn’t for her.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life