HOPTON: Anniversary of care home
- Credit: James Bass
A sea of bright balloons were released into sunny skies over Hopton to mark the first anniversary of a specialist care home.
Guests and residents from Ritson Lodge gathered in the care home grounds to watch as the green and orange balloons were let off to mark its first birthday. The 60-bed home in Lowestoft Road includes a specialist dementia wing and has enjoyed a busy first year.
Wendy Smith, operations manager for Barchester Healthcare - which runs the home - said the day had been a lovely celebration for all involved.
“It was very much for the residents and the fact we got the lovely sunshine all day was a bonus,” she added.
The balloons, which were sponsored by local groups and individuals, raised £500 for the Barchester Foundation charity, which supports older people with physical or mental disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff