HOPTON: Anniversary of care home
- Credit: James Bass
A sea of bright balloons were released into sunny skies over Hopton to mark the first anniversary of a specialist care home.
Guests and residents from Ritson Lodge gathered in the care home grounds to watch as the green and orange balloons were let off to mark its first birthday. The 60-bed home in Lowestoft Road includes a specialist dementia wing and has enjoyed a busy first year.
Wendy Smith, operations manager for Barchester Healthcare - which runs the home - said the day had been a lovely celebration for all involved.
“It was very much for the residents and the fact we got the lovely sunshine all day was a bonus,” she added.
The balloons, which were sponsored by local groups and individuals, raised £500 for the Barchester Foundation charity, which supports older people with physical or mental disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Britain's Got Talent performer to host comedy special in Gorleston