HOPTON: Anniversary of care home
- Credit: James Bass
A sea of bright balloons were released into sunny skies over Hopton to mark the first anniversary of a specialist care home.
Guests and residents from Ritson Lodge gathered in the care home grounds to watch as the green and orange balloons were let off to mark its first birthday. The 60-bed home in Lowestoft Road includes a specialist dementia wing and has enjoyed a busy first year.
Wendy Smith, operations manager for Barchester Healthcare - which runs the home - said the day had been a lovely celebration for all involved.
“It was very much for the residents and the fact we got the lovely sunshine all day was a bonus,” she added.
The balloons, which were sponsored by local groups and individuals, raised £500 for the Barchester Foundation charity, which supports older people with physical or mental disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 6 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say