HOPTON: Anniversary of care home
- Credit: James Bass
A sea of bright balloons were released into sunny skies over Hopton to mark the first anniversary of a specialist care home.
Guests and residents from Ritson Lodge gathered in the care home grounds to watch as the green and orange balloons were let off to mark its first birthday. The 60-bed home in Lowestoft Road includes a specialist dementia wing and has enjoyed a busy first year.
Wendy Smith, operations manager for Barchester Healthcare - which runs the home - said the day had been a lovely celebration for all involved.
“It was very much for the residents and the fact we got the lovely sunshine all day was a bonus,” she added.
The balloons, which were sponsored by local groups and individuals, raised £500 for the Barchester Foundation charity, which supports older people with physical or mental disabilities.
Pictures: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 2 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 3 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Great Yarmouth food bank is coping well as another faces closure
- 8 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls
- 9 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 10 Lifeboat station stalwart remembered in school ceremony