HOPTON: Anniversary of care home
- Credit: James Bass
A sea of bright balloons were released into sunny skies over Hopton to mark the first anniversary of a specialist care home.
Guests and residents from Ritson Lodge gathered in the care home grounds to watch as the green and orange balloons were let off to mark its first birthday. The 60-bed home in Lowestoft Road includes a specialist dementia wing and has enjoyed a busy first year.
Wendy Smith, operations manager for Barchester Healthcare - which runs the home - said the day had been a lovely celebration for all involved.
“It was very much for the residents and the fact we got the lovely sunshine all day was a bonus,” she added.
The balloons, which were sponsored by local groups and individuals, raised £500 for the Barchester Foundation charity, which supports older people with physical or mental disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 5 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s