Letter: Anyone remember teacher Miss Sheardown?
I HAVE attached the delightful, informal photo which is labelled on the back “Miss Sheardown’s Class”, and was taken in 1949 or 1950.
Miss June Sheardown (1930-1999), my cousin from Cleethorpes, had been at Teacher Training college in Norwich and was doing her teaching practice at a Great Yarmouth school.
It is unlikely the little children would remember her but I have also attached a photo of her around that time in case anyone was interested. She carefully kept the photo all her life, and obviously remembered her first class!
I wonder if anyone can spot themselves or anyone they know or can tell us the name of the school? We would very much like to hear if anyone can tell us.
Just one little chap does not look happy!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 8 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 9 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 10 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas