Letter: Anyone remember teacher Miss Sheardown?
I HAVE attached the delightful, informal photo which is labelled on the back “Miss Sheardown’s Class”, and was taken in 1949 or 1950.
Miss June Sheardown (1930-1999), my cousin from Cleethorpes, had been at Teacher Training college in Norwich and was doing her teaching practice at a Great Yarmouth school.
It is unlikely the little children would remember her but I have also attached a photo of her around that time in case anyone was interested. She carefully kept the photo all her life, and obviously remembered her first class!
I wonder if anyone can spot themselves or anyone they know or can tell us the name of the school? We would very much like to hear if anyone can tell us.
Just one little chap does not look happy!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
- 10 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out