Letter: Anyone remember teacher Miss Sheardown?
I HAVE attached the delightful, informal photo which is labelled on the back “Miss Sheardown’s Class”, and was taken in 1949 or 1950.
Miss June Sheardown (1930-1999), my cousin from Cleethorpes, had been at Teacher Training college in Norwich and was doing her teaching practice at a Great Yarmouth school.
It is unlikely the little children would remember her but I have also attached a photo of her around that time in case anyone was interested. She carefully kept the photo all her life, and obviously remembered her first class!
I wonder if anyone can spot themselves or anyone they know or can tell us the name of the school? We would very much like to hear if anyone can tell us.
Just one little chap does not look happy!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 4 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on