Letter appeal to trace 1940s Burgh Castle army cadets
- Credit: Archant
In 1948, as a lieutenant in No 1 Company, 2nd Cadet Battalion The Suffolk Regiment, we, the Bn HQ company had for some unexplained reason had seconded to us the Burgh Castle Platoon of the Army Cadet Force. I have this group photograph taken at the back of the Beccles Drill Hall showing, sixth from left back row, Sgt Coleman and sixth from left second row, Under-Officer Frank Blyth.
There are also three Burgh Castle cadets in the front row.
Could any of your readers please identify the whereabouts of the five, and the names of the unidentified. I am arranging for a reunion of the Beccles Army cadet Force for members from 1942 to the present, for Tuesday, November 19 at Beales Coffee Shop in Beccles.
Anyone who can help please call me on 01502 716743 or 01502 712156.
You may also want to watch:
New Market, Beccles
- 1 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 2 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 5 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 6 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 7 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 8 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 9 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings