Letter appeal to trace 1940s Burgh Castle army cadets
- Credit: Archant
In 1948, as a lieutenant in No 1 Company, 2nd Cadet Battalion The Suffolk Regiment, we, the Bn HQ company had for some unexplained reason had seconded to us the Burgh Castle Platoon of the Army Cadet Force. I have this group photograph taken at the back of the Beccles Drill Hall showing, sixth from left back row, Sgt Coleman and sixth from left second row, Under-Officer Frank Blyth.
There are also three Burgh Castle cadets in the front row.
Could any of your readers please identify the whereabouts of the five, and the names of the unidentified. I am arranging for a reunion of the Beccles Army cadet Force for members from 1942 to the present, for Tuesday, November 19 at Beales Coffee Shop in Beccles.
Anyone who can help please call me on 01502 716743 or 01502 712156.
You may also want to watch:
New Market, Beccles
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears