Letter appeal to trace 1940s Burgh Castle army cadets
- Credit: Archant
In 1948, as a lieutenant in No 1 Company, 2nd Cadet Battalion The Suffolk Regiment, we, the Bn HQ company had for some unexplained reason had seconded to us the Burgh Castle Platoon of the Army Cadet Force. I have this group photograph taken at the back of the Beccles Drill Hall showing, sixth from left back row, Sgt Coleman and sixth from left second row, Under-Officer Frank Blyth.
There are also three Burgh Castle cadets in the front row.
Could any of your readers please identify the whereabouts of the five, and the names of the unidentified. I am arranging for a reunion of the Beccles Army cadet Force for members from 1942 to the present, for Tuesday, November 19 at Beales Coffee Shop in Beccles.
Anyone who can help please call me on 01502 716743 or 01502 712156.
You may also want to watch:
New Market, Beccles
- 1 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney