Letter: That’s us in the Sixties photo!
Two sisters were delighted to open up last week’s paper and find a picture of the neighbourhood they grew up in.
And on closer inspection - with the help of a magnifying glass - they were able to identify themselves in the 1961 picture they had never seen before.
The picture was taken close to Sackville Close where Margo Williams and Kim Helsdon (both nee Anderson) grew up with their brother Michael Anderson.
The Anderson trio are pictured together in the foreground when Margo was around 13, Michael was seven and Kim just four.
Mrs Williams now 68 and living in Belton along with her sister Kim now 59 from Burgh Castle said they were stunned to find themselves in the picture all those years ago. Although the Row house was clearly the subject it was nice to be taken back to their childhood and the days when they would be sent out to play while their mother got on indoors.
You may also want to watch:
As youngsters they remembered playing in the bombed out ruins of buildings before the library was built and climbing on to a garage roof to pick fruit from the pear trees pictured. The picture also shows communal washing lines that were usually pegged full of laundry. Their brother sadly died four years ago.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge