Letter: That’s us in the Sixties photo!
Two sisters were delighted to open up last week’s paper and find a picture of the neighbourhood they grew up in.
And on closer inspection - with the help of a magnifying glass - they were able to identify themselves in the 1961 picture they had never seen before.
The picture was taken close to Sackville Close where Margo Williams and Kim Helsdon (both nee Anderson) grew up with their brother Michael Anderson.
The Anderson trio are pictured together in the foreground when Margo was around 13, Michael was seven and Kim just four.
Mrs Williams now 68 and living in Belton along with her sister Kim now 59 from Burgh Castle said they were stunned to find themselves in the picture all those years ago. Although the Row house was clearly the subject it was nice to be taken back to their childhood and the days when they would be sent out to play while their mother got on indoors.
You may also want to watch:
As youngsters they remembered playing in the bombed out ruins of buildings before the library was built and climbing on to a garage roof to pick fruit from the pear trees pictured. The picture also shows communal washing lines that were usually pegged full of laundry. Their brother sadly died four years ago.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 3 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 7 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water