LETTERS: That’s me and my brother!
I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the supplements which have appeared over the last few months in the Mercury.
However, a photo which caught my eye this week was the one of the Great Beat competition at the Garibaldi on page three. The boy second left at the bottom with his arms folded looked like my brother Richard. Then I noticed the boy next to him looking down is me, and the fair-haired boy with the check jacket is Tom Read, who played bass guitar in our group (as we called them then).
The problem is I can’t recall us ever going to Yarmouth although we did follow the competition in Norwich, where we all lived. Unfortunately my brother’s memory is probably worse than mine although I will send him the photo anyway.
Please continue with the supplements!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business