LETTERS: That’s me and my brother!
I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the supplements which have appeared over the last few months in the Mercury.
However, a photo which caught my eye this week was the one of the Great Beat competition at the Garibaldi on page three. The boy second left at the bottom with his arms folded looked like my brother Richard. Then I noticed the boy next to him looking down is me, and the fair-haired boy with the check jacket is Tom Read, who played bass guitar in our group (as we called them then).
The problem is I can’t recall us ever going to Yarmouth although we did follow the competition in Norwich, where we all lived. Unfortunately my brother’s memory is probably worse than mine although I will send him the photo anyway.
Please continue with the supplements!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge