LETTERS: That’s me and my brother!
I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the supplements which have appeared over the last few months in the Mercury.
However, a photo which caught my eye this week was the one of the Great Beat competition at the Garibaldi on page three. The boy second left at the bottom with his arms folded looked like my brother Richard. Then I noticed the boy next to him looking down is me, and the fair-haired boy with the check jacket is Tom Read, who played bass guitar in our group (as we called them then).
The problem is I can’t recall us ever going to Yarmouth although we did follow the competition in Norwich, where we all lived. Unfortunately my brother’s memory is probably worse than mine although I will send him the photo anyway.
Please continue with the supplements!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 New wave of beach huts snapped up in Gorleston
- 5 Rogue builder's victims say home is 'finally watertight' one year on
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Head teacher: 'It's not true that nobody from Great Yarmouth goes to uni'
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 10 Community garden to close permanently due to Covid funding crisis