LETTERS: That’s me and my brother!
I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the supplements which have appeared over the last few months in the Mercury.
However, a photo which caught my eye this week was the one of the Great Beat competition at the Garibaldi on page three. The boy second left at the bottom with his arms folded looked like my brother Richard. Then I noticed the boy next to him looking down is me, and the fair-haired boy with the check jacket is Tom Read, who played bass guitar in our group (as we called them then).
The problem is I can’t recall us ever going to Yarmouth although we did follow the competition in Norwich, where we all lived. Unfortunately my brother’s memory is probably worse than mine although I will send him the photo anyway.
Please continue with the supplements!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 5 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff