Lost racing pigeon flies in for B&B in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Early on Monday morning my dog, who was outside, came racing into our kitchen followed by a racing pigeon which flew into our conservatory and settled on the back of the settee.
I could see three coloured rings around its legs and decided to call the Pigeon Racing Club. They advised me to gently place a towel around the pigeon and take note of the numbers on the rings, not easily done.
However, once done the information was relayed and I was told the pigeon came from Grimsby and was released on Saturday.
I was able to contact the owner, who asked me to keep the pigeon overnight and release her in the morning. The pigeon rested for four hours was fed and drank and she then left my conservatory at 5.15pm but returned again at 6.10pm came straight into the conservatory, sat on the settee and went back to sleep!
She then left again hopefully on her way back to her home!
You may also want to watch:
The owner has promised to contact me if she makes it.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home