Lost racing pigeon flies in for B&B in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Early on Monday morning my dog, who was outside, came racing into our kitchen followed by a racing pigeon which flew into our conservatory and settled on the back of the settee.
I could see three coloured rings around its legs and decided to call the Pigeon Racing Club. They advised me to gently place a towel around the pigeon and take note of the numbers on the rings, not easily done.
However, once done the information was relayed and I was told the pigeon came from Grimsby and was released on Saturday.
I was able to contact the owner, who asked me to keep the pigeon overnight and release her in the morning. The pigeon rested for four hours was fed and drank and she then left my conservatory at 5.15pm but returned again at 6.10pm came straight into the conservatory, sat on the settee and went back to sleep!
She then left again hopefully on her way back to her home!
You may also want to watch:
The owner has promised to contact me if she makes it.
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action