MARTHAM: Nursery rhymes chime with festival-goers
- Credit: Archant
A Nursery Rhyme Flower Festival was held over the scarecrow festival weekend, in Martham Methodist Church.
Hundreds of people viewed the 16 arrangements which completed the competition, and enjoyed the refreshments available.
The competition answers to the two less well known rhymes were: “Five little ducks went swimming one day” and “If all the world were paper and all the sea was ink, If all the trees were bread and cheese what would we have to drink”.
The winner was Rachel Cossey.
Thanks are extended to all who helped and supported the weekend when £1,681 was raised for church funds.
You may also want to watch:
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire