Model to raise profile of Lydia Eva
I HAVE been watching on line with some admiration, your coverage of the Yarmouth Maritime Festival, and in particular the re-appearance in Yarmouth of the steam drifter Lydia Eva.
I HAVE been watching on line with some admiration, your coverage of the Yarmouth Maritime Festival, and in particular the re-appearance in Yarmouth of the steam drifter Lydia Eva. I am sure your coverage will help to bring home to the local people what a gem they have, and how near she came to being lost forever.
I should explain; I am a ship modeller and for the last two years have, with a friend, been creating a 1/18th scale model of Lydia Eva. She is some 65ins long and steam powered. Unlike the real ship, the model regularly sails under steam in West Yorkshire.
We have been greatly assisted by Chris Monkhouse and her late husband Laurence, of the Lydia Eva and Mincarlo Trust. They supplied drawings and photographs and arranged for us to visit the ship whilst she was on the slip at Smalls yard in Lowestoft.
We hope to raise the profile of Lydia Eva here in the north, and who knows we might encourage a few more people to contribute to this worthy endeavour.
Willow Dene Avenue
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 6 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub