Model to raise profile of Lydia Eva
I HAVE been watching on line with some admiration, your coverage of the Yarmouth Maritime Festival, and in particular the re-appearance in Yarmouth of the steam drifter Lydia Eva.
I HAVE been watching on line with some admiration, your coverage of the Yarmouth Maritime Festival, and in particular the re-appearance in Yarmouth of the steam drifter Lydia Eva. I am sure your coverage will help to bring home to the local people what a gem they have, and how near she came to being lost forever.
I should explain; I am a ship modeller and for the last two years have, with a friend, been creating a 1/18th scale model of Lydia Eva. She is some 65ins long and steam powered. Unlike the real ship, the model regularly sails under steam in West Yorkshire.
We have been greatly assisted by Chris Monkhouse and her late husband Laurence, of the Lydia Eva and Mincarlo Trust. They supplied drawings and photographs and arranged for us to visit the ship whilst she was on the slip at Smalls yard in Lowestoft.
We hope to raise the profile of Lydia Eva here in the north, and who knows we might encourage a few more people to contribute to this worthy endeavour.
You may also want to watch:
Willow Dene Avenue
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return