My grandfather owned bakery business next to old chapel in Nile Road
- Credit: Don Bullard
It was wonderful to read the article about the old chapel in Nile Road along with the picture. It brought back lots of memories to me. I was born and brought up in the business next door, which was Bullards Bakeries now Koi Joi.
My grandfather owned the bakery business run by my father, also the sweet shop in Bells Road. The premises on the corner of South Road was run by my Uncle Percy as a gents hairdresser, and there was a gents outfitters run by Uncle Arnold in England’s Lane.
I have numerous photos taken outside the shop of family and friends which include the chapel in the background and a wooden fence which used to separate the shop from the chapel.
Sunday mornings were always eventful as the congregation attending service in the chapel would arrive and leave. Always busy!
I can also recall the time of the fire - having called the fire brigade.
You may also want to watch:
D J BULLARD
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony