Letter: Trains should have run for the big derby game at Norwich City
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
I have no problem with railway works being done over school holidays - without school runs in the morning, when better to make use of replacement buses?
However, I’m not sure Network Rail did all of their homework when timing this set of works, for just one of the nine days.
Sunday is the East Anglian Derby, the biggest game of the season for Norwich City fans. There will be lots of Norwich City fans from Yarmouth travelling to Carrow Road on Sunday morning, myself included.
Surely they could have finished their works on Saturday or put them on hold for the Derby?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 2 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 3 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 4 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 5 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 6 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal