Our thanks to readers for bowls equipment
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to the generosity of Great Yarmouth Mercury readers local people have two more opportunities to try short mat bowls taster sessions at The Priory Centre, Priory Plain (next to The Minster). On both Fridays April 24 and May 1, between 10am and noon people who have never played before or who have played but not for a while, or who just want a non competitive game, are welcome to join us.
So if you have been put off playing because you do not think you can keep the bowl on the mat – don’t worry, come and see how you get on. We are not aiming to start a new club – there are many bowls clubs (indoor and outdoor) across the borough so there is lots of choice out there if you do decide after a taster that bowls is your game.
The people of Yarmouth who donated the bowls are happy for them to be given to those who want to carry on playing after the tasters, so no need to worry about not having the equipment.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Priory to give short mat bowls a go. Come and join us.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 2 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 3 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 4 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 5 Britain's Got Talent performer to host comedy special in Gorleston
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days