Our thanks to readers for bowls equipment
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to the generosity of Great Yarmouth Mercury readers local people have two more opportunities to try short mat bowls taster sessions at The Priory Centre, Priory Plain (next to The Minster). On both Fridays April 24 and May 1, between 10am and noon people who have never played before or who have played but not for a while, or who just want a non competitive game, are welcome to join us.
So if you have been put off playing because you do not think you can keep the bowl on the mat – don’t worry, come and see how you get on. We are not aiming to start a new club – there are many bowls clubs (indoor and outdoor) across the borough so there is lots of choice out there if you do decide after a taster that bowls is your game.
The people of Yarmouth who donated the bowls are happy for them to be given to those who want to carry on playing after the tasters, so no need to worry about not having the equipment.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Priory to give short mat bowls a go. Come and join us.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 5 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'