Our thanks to readers for bowls equipment
- Credit: Archant
Thanks to the generosity of Great Yarmouth Mercury readers local people have two more opportunities to try short mat bowls taster sessions at The Priory Centre, Priory Plain (next to The Minster). On both Fridays April 24 and May 1, between 10am and noon people who have never played before or who have played but not for a while, or who just want a non competitive game, are welcome to join us.
So if you have been put off playing because you do not think you can keep the bowl on the mat – don’t worry, come and see how you get on. We are not aiming to start a new club – there are many bowls clubs (indoor and outdoor) across the borough so there is lots of choice out there if you do decide after a taster that bowls is your game.
The people of Yarmouth who donated the bowls are happy for them to be given to those who want to carry on playing after the tasters, so no need to worry about not having the equipment.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Priory to give short mat bowls a go. Come and join us.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 4 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 8 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront