Letter: Closing public toilets the worst mistake the council has made
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Archant
I’ve worked on Great Yarmouth market for 30 years and the most asked question is “Where is the nearest toilet?”
I have always sent them to the toilets under Market Gates. These have been by far the cleanest toilets around. Does anyone remember Mrs Brown who worked in there? She would follow you around with her cloth and mop.
You could eat your dinner off the sinks and she would be turning in her grave if she saw them now! The council gets rid of the full-time cleaners, lets the drunks move in and over the past year allowed them to become rundown. So now, hey-ho, they say why don’t we just shut them?
This is the worst mistake the council has made, apart from trying to move the market.
When people get off the buses at Market Gates and ask where are the toilets we have now got to send them all the way to The Conge. Let’s hope they haven’t been on the bus for hours and are busting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight