Letter: Closing public toilets the worst mistake the council has made
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Archant
I’ve worked on Great Yarmouth market for 30 years and the most asked question is “Where is the nearest toilet?”
I have always sent them to the toilets under Market Gates. These have been by far the cleanest toilets around. Does anyone remember Mrs Brown who worked in there? She would follow you around with her cloth and mop.
You could eat your dinner off the sinks and she would be turning in her grave if she saw them now! The council gets rid of the full-time cleaners, lets the drunks move in and over the past year allowed them to become rundown. So now, hey-ho, they say why don’t we just shut them?
This is the worst mistake the council has made, apart from trying to move the market.
When people get off the buses at Market Gates and ask where are the toilets we have now got to send them all the way to The Conge. Let’s hope they haven’t been on the bus for hours and are busting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth