Letter: Closing public toilets the worst mistake the council has made
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Archant
I’ve worked on Great Yarmouth market for 30 years and the most asked question is “Where is the nearest toilet?”
I have always sent them to the toilets under Market Gates. These have been by far the cleanest toilets around. Does anyone remember Mrs Brown who worked in there? She would follow you around with her cloth and mop.
You could eat your dinner off the sinks and she would be turning in her grave if she saw them now! The council gets rid of the full-time cleaners, lets the drunks move in and over the past year allowed them to become rundown. So now, hey-ho, they say why don’t we just shut them?
This is the worst mistake the council has made, apart from trying to move the market.
When people get off the buses at Market Gates and ask where are the toilets we have now got to send them all the way to The Conge. Let’s hope they haven’t been on the bus for hours and are busting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence