Reader Letter: Yarmouth Council right to fight seafront parking charges
- Credit: Archant
I fully support Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s stance against the proposal of seafront parking charges.
I was not aware that proceeds from parking charges went into a county pot and view this as unfair, especially when other towns do not contribute.
The out of season charges will adversely affect locals and visitors alike in Great Yarmouth in the off season period. Why do we have a county wide partnership? I suggest that, subject to legal advice, GYBC fights this proposal not only in the off season but fights the contribution of parking charges received locally being put into a central pot.
Great Yarmouth needs the money more than most places as some rural towns are much richer (I.e. The likes of Holt). Once again the motorist is seen as a cash cow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 8 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say