Reader Letter: Yarmouth Council right to fight seafront parking charges
- Credit: Archant
I fully support Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s stance against the proposal of seafront parking charges.
I was not aware that proceeds from parking charges went into a county pot and view this as unfair, especially when other towns do not contribute.
The out of season charges will adversely affect locals and visitors alike in Great Yarmouth in the off season period. Why do we have a county wide partnership? I suggest that, subject to legal advice, GYBC fights this proposal not only in the off season but fights the contribution of parking charges received locally being put into a central pot.
Great Yarmouth needs the money more than most places as some rural towns are much richer (I.e. The likes of Holt). Once again the motorist is seen as a cash cow.
- 1 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 2 Council apologises to tenant who lived in mouldy house for years
- 3 Elderly driver taken to hospital after village green crash
- 4 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 5 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 6 Teen who achieved salon dream is national award finalist
- 7 Drone crashed into lake in Norfolk during filming for new Keith Lemon show
- 8 'We need to live our lives' - Mercury survey reveals Covid impact
- 9 Great Yarmouth businesses urged to claim for Covid support funds
- 10 Great Yarmouth in 2022 - Key trends to look out for this year