Reader Letter: Yarmouth Council right to fight seafront parking charges
- Credit: Archant
I fully support Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s stance against the proposal of seafront parking charges.
I was not aware that proceeds from parking charges went into a county pot and view this as unfair, especially when other towns do not contribute.
The out of season charges will adversely affect locals and visitors alike in Great Yarmouth in the off season period. Why do we have a county wide partnership? I suggest that, subject to legal advice, GYBC fights this proposal not only in the off season but fights the contribution of parking charges received locally being put into a central pot.
Great Yarmouth needs the money more than most places as some rural towns are much richer (I.e. The likes of Holt). Once again the motorist is seen as a cash cow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'