Reader Letter: Yarmouth Council right to fight seafront parking charges
- Credit: Archant
I fully support Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s stance against the proposal of seafront parking charges.
I was not aware that proceeds from parking charges went into a county pot and view this as unfair, especially when other towns do not contribute.
The out of season charges will adversely affect locals and visitors alike in Great Yarmouth in the off season period. Why do we have a county wide partnership? I suggest that, subject to legal advice, GYBC fights this proposal not only in the off season but fights the contribution of parking charges received locally being put into a central pot.
Great Yarmouth needs the money more than most places as some rural towns are much richer (I.e. The likes of Holt). Once again the motorist is seen as a cash cow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 3 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 9 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 10 Boy, aged one, who suffered severe burns now 'looking forward to Christmas'