Reader Letter: Yarmouth Council right to fight seafront parking charges
- Credit: Archant
I fully support Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s stance against the proposal of seafront parking charges.
I was not aware that proceeds from parking charges went into a county pot and view this as unfair, especially when other towns do not contribute.
The out of season charges will adversely affect locals and visitors alike in Great Yarmouth in the off season period. Why do we have a county wide partnership? I suggest that, subject to legal advice, GYBC fights this proposal not only in the off season but fights the contribution of parking charges received locally being put into a central pot.
Great Yarmouth needs the money more than most places as some rural towns are much richer (I.e. The likes of Holt). Once again the motorist is seen as a cash cow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 6 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 7 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 10 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics