Reader’s later: Great Yarmouth heliport site could be leisure centre
- Credit: Simon Carter
Regarding the ongoing uncertainty of the Marina Centre in Great Yarmouth and the activities currently under threat, has any thought been given to the current large piece of land on Yarmouth Road at Caister, adjacent to the stadium, until 2015 used as the heliport.
This 60 acre plus site, currently up for sale could accommodate many sports, and maybe a football field, leisure area, restaurants etc.
It would be a huge asset to the area and relieve the constant headache of where to park when using the Marina Centre and Wellesley Football ground. It is also accessible by public transport all year.
The Bure park is nearby offering another leisure activity as well as the stadium for greyhound and stock car racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Teacher's safety calls after e-scooter hit and run