Reader’s later: Great Yarmouth heliport site could be leisure centre
- Credit: Simon Carter
Regarding the ongoing uncertainty of the Marina Centre in Great Yarmouth and the activities currently under threat, has any thought been given to the current large piece of land on Yarmouth Road at Caister, adjacent to the stadium, until 2015 used as the heliport.
This 60 acre plus site, currently up for sale could accommodate many sports, and maybe a football field, leisure area, restaurants etc.
It would be a huge asset to the area and relieve the constant headache of where to park when using the Marina Centre and Wellesley Football ground. It is also accessible by public transport all year.
The Bure park is nearby offering another leisure activity as well as the stadium for greyhound and stock car racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 4 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 7 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 8 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 9 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 10 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns