Reader’s later: Great Yarmouth heliport site could be leisure centre
- Credit: Simon Carter
Regarding the ongoing uncertainty of the Marina Centre in Great Yarmouth and the activities currently under threat, has any thought been given to the current large piece of land on Yarmouth Road at Caister, adjacent to the stadium, until 2015 used as the heliport.
This 60 acre plus site, currently up for sale could accommodate many sports, and maybe a football field, leisure area, restaurants etc.
It would be a huge asset to the area and relieve the constant headache of where to park when using the Marina Centre and Wellesley Football ground. It is also accessible by public transport all year.
The Bure park is nearby offering another leisure activity as well as the stadium for greyhound and stock car racing.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 6 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 7 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks