Reader’s letter: Call to support this year’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: PA
The Poppy Appeal for 2016 ended on September 30, 2017 and the total raised in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston was £36,750.34, a slight improvement on last year.
The Royal British Legion would like to thank all the collectors and volunteers for their help in achieving this total.
Nationally, the Royal British Legion spends £1.5m a week on welfare, looking after ex-servicemen and women as well as people currently in the Armed Forces.
Please watch out for the poppy sellers from October 28 in the Great Yarmouth area, and support this annual major fundraiser.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal organiser, Great Yarmouth
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return