Reader’s letter: Call to support this year’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: PA
The Poppy Appeal for 2016 ended on September 30, 2017 and the total raised in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston was £36,750.34, a slight improvement on last year.
The Royal British Legion would like to thank all the collectors and volunteers for their help in achieving this total.
Nationally, the Royal British Legion spends £1.5m a week on welfare, looking after ex-servicemen and women as well as people currently in the Armed Forces.
Please watch out for the poppy sellers from October 28 in the Great Yarmouth area, and support this annual major fundraiser.
Poppy Appeal organiser, Great Yarmouth
- 1 Do you remember when these celebrities visited Great Yarmouth?
- 2 School defends Covid policy
- 3 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 'At the mercy of the virus' - restaurateur shares concern over Omicron
- 6 You can help keep Gorleston safe by joining CCTV team
- 7 Plan for new 30 affordable houses in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 Great Yarmouth set to be transformed into a winter wonderland once again
- 10 Homes bids for school site recommended to be thrown out