Reader’s letter: Call to support this year’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: PA
The Poppy Appeal for 2016 ended on September 30, 2017 and the total raised in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston was £36,750.34, a slight improvement on last year.
The Royal British Legion would like to thank all the collectors and volunteers for their help in achieving this total.
Nationally, the Royal British Legion spends £1.5m a week on welfare, looking after ex-servicemen and women as well as people currently in the Armed Forces.
Please watch out for the poppy sellers from October 28 in the Great Yarmouth area, and support this annual major fundraiser.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal organiser, Great Yarmouth
- 1 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 6 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 7 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 8 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns
- 9 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 10 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show