Reader’s letter, June 2 2017 - I remember Roger Ditcham
- Credit: Julian Moore
I saw on a friend’s Facebook page the story regarding the memorial of Roger Ditcham.
I was the old Cub Scout that sent Mrs Ditcham an email of condolence, having heard the shocking and extremely sad news.
I am now 48 and Roger taught me (and others) many long-lasting life skills.
There are not many people like him that give their whole life to the service of others.
He was a local legend gone far too soon.
You may also want to watch:
Many thanks for taking the time to report the loss of such an amazing person, who locally meant so much to so many.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff