Reader’s letter, June 2 2017 - I remember Roger Ditcham
- Credit: Julian Moore
I saw on a friend’s Facebook page the story regarding the memorial of Roger Ditcham.
I was the old Cub Scout that sent Mrs Ditcham an email of condolence, having heard the shocking and extremely sad news.
I am now 48 and Roger taught me (and others) many long-lasting life skills.
There are not many people like him that give their whole life to the service of others.
He was a local legend gone far too soon.
Many thanks for taking the time to report the loss of such an amazing person, who locally meant so much to so many.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk