Reader’s letter, May 5 2017: Huge Marina Centre spoilt the seafront
- Credit: Valerie Tuttle
After reading the article in last week’s Mercury about ideas for what may happen to the Marina Centre on Great Yarmouth’s seafront.
I wondered if you might be interested in this photo taken in the 1960’s.
How nice the pool, the outdoor Marina and the whole front looks before the huge Marina Centre was built and the grassed areas spoilt.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 10 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast