Reader’s letter, May 5 2017: Huge Marina Centre spoilt the seafront
- Credit: Valerie Tuttle
After reading the article in last week’s Mercury about ideas for what may happen to the Marina Centre on Great Yarmouth’s seafront.
I wondered if you might be interested in this photo taken in the 1960’s.
How nice the pool, the outdoor Marina and the whole front looks before the huge Marina Centre was built and the grassed areas spoilt.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 2 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 3 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 4 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 5 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 7 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 8 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 9 Public toilets in Hemsby reopen after £23,000 revamp
- 10 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital