Reader’s letter, May 5 2017: Huge Marina Centre spoilt the seafront
- Credit: Valerie Tuttle
After reading the article in last week’s Mercury about ideas for what may happen to the Marina Centre on Great Yarmouth’s seafront.
I wondered if you might be interested in this photo taken in the 1960’s.
How nice the pool, the outdoor Marina and the whole front looks before the huge Marina Centre was built and the grassed areas spoilt.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight