Reader’s letter, May 5 2017: Huge Marina Centre spoilt the seafront
- Credit: Valerie Tuttle
After reading the article in last week’s Mercury about ideas for what may happen to the Marina Centre on Great Yarmouth’s seafront.
I wondered if you might be interested in this photo taken in the 1960’s.
How nice the pool, the outdoor Marina and the whole front looks before the huge Marina Centre was built and the grassed areas spoilt.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 Gas worker on meter round stumbles on cannabis factory with 90 plants
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash
- 4 Live music returning to Great Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Free 'interview haircuts' for jobseekers in coastal town
- 6 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 7 Traders look back on devastating Great Yarmouth fire
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth