Readers letter: Football is too easy today for forwards
- Credit: PA
Unaccustomed as I am with the absurd, having watched the progress of football for 90 years lightheartedly I am going to make what you may think are a few light headed remarks about this game.
We have gone from heavy footballs boots to football shoes, from heavy leather footballs to thick plastic balloons.
All things are balanced towards the attack. Goals are being scored from the centre spot. How long will it be before the opposing goalkeeper could score a goal?
Absurd as it may seem how long before a double figure score line will be the norm?
After nearly 130 years of league football surely now is the time to equalize the balance of power between defence and attack.
You may also want to watch:
One way would be to take a metre off the width of the goal mouth.
The style of the game has changed from the central approach, to an approach from the wings giving a broader attack with the rules in the box restricting a lot of the aid to the goalkeeper.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland