South Quay parking space empty on a Saturday
- Credit: Archant
I read the report on parking on South Quay and was horrified to find that after wasting money on seeing if permits work last year, which was kicked out by the voters (no surprise), the council is coming up with the same idea this year.
If they charge for the spaces on South Quay it will be empty as the users will look for something else instead of paying and as I live on South Quay I will be the one charged. I believe they have got the maths completely wrong as the cost of machines and wardens will be part of the price and it is not going to generate anything. In fact look at Yarmouth as a whole: it is not busy any more and paying to park is a large part of it.
Will the council listen? We all know the answer to that No.
The photo is South Quay on Saturday at 11am and as you can see it is not used over the weekend so shoppers are not using it and businesses which have already moved out of most of Hall and South quays will carry on doing so.
So in reality they will lose even more money as this happens
- 1 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 2 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 3 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Great Yarmouth food bank is coping well as another faces closure
- 8 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls
- 9 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 10 Lifeboat station stalwart remembered in school ceremony