SOUTH WALSHAM: Fairhaven fun!
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Fairhaven Primary School hosted a fundraising event to raise money for a special boathouse restoration help in South Walsham.
Pupils and teachers at Fairhaven worked hand in hand to run fundraising activities at a fair open to parents and children to enjoy. The activities they hosted involved several stalls such as plants, and there was also face painting and a beat the goalie competition. School bursar Jan Chambers said the activities they selected had turned out as well as they hoped and they were pleased to see such a supportive response from the parents and to receive more donations than they expected, raising over £500.
Any items unsold and leftover from the fundraiser will be passed over to Fairhaven Gardens to sell on and raise even more money to restore the boat house on their site.
The school has carried out several previous fundraising events for charities including Water Aid and cancer organisations.
Mrs Chambers said the school was keen on fundraising and will be planning more in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight