SOUTH WALSHAM: Fairhaven fun!
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Fairhaven Primary School hosted a fundraising event to raise money for a special boathouse restoration help in South Walsham.
Pupils and teachers at Fairhaven worked hand in hand to run fundraising activities at a fair open to parents and children to enjoy. The activities they hosted involved several stalls such as plants, and there was also face painting and a beat the goalie competition. School bursar Jan Chambers said the activities they selected had turned out as well as they hoped and they were pleased to see such a supportive response from the parents and to receive more donations than they expected, raising over £500.
Any items unsold and leftover from the fundraiser will be passed over to Fairhaven Gardens to sell on and raise even more money to restore the boat house on their site.
The school has carried out several previous fundraising events for charities including Water Aid and cancer organisations.
Mrs Chambers said the school was keen on fundraising and will be planning more in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears