SOUTH WALSHAM: Fairhaven fun!
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Fairhaven Primary School hosted a fundraising event to raise money for a special boathouse restoration help in South Walsham.
Pupils and teachers at Fairhaven worked hand in hand to run fundraising activities at a fair open to parents and children to enjoy. The activities they hosted involved several stalls such as plants, and there was also face painting and a beat the goalie competition. School bursar Jan Chambers said the activities they selected had turned out as well as they hoped and they were pleased to see such a supportive response from the parents and to receive more donations than they expected, raising over £500.
Any items unsold and leftover from the fundraiser will be passed over to Fairhaven Gardens to sell on and raise even more money to restore the boat house on their site.
The school has carried out several previous fundraising events for charities including Water Aid and cancer organisations.
Mrs Chambers said the school was keen on fundraising and will be planning more in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: JAMES BASS
Click here for more Village Life http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/great-yarmouth-life/village-life
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 7 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook