I DO hope you can find a little space in your next issue for me to say a big thank you to two kind ladies who left an enormous consignment of “goodies” for Children in Need at St Andrew's Church, Gorleston, this week.
I DO hope you can find a little space in your next issue for me to say a big thank you to two kind ladies who left an enormous consignment of “goodies” for Children in Need at St Andrew's Church, Gorleston, this week. The 180 knitted teddy bears and 130 knitted tops/vests were such a helping hand to make life better for children who literally have little or nothing.
We appreciate all the hard work which went into all the knitted clothes and the teddies and feel a thank you is necessary. There was not a clue to give me a chance to say thank you so very much and hope this way will let the donors know how much we appreciate such a helping hand. One has only to picture the joy such presents will give to children where nothing is normal.
Samaritan's Purse International Relief
You may also want to watch:
Elmhurst Close, Gorleston
I WOULD like to appeal to the caring people of Great Yarmouth for wool and knitting patterns to knit dog coats, baby coats and matinee coats, as well as blankets, stamps, foreign coins, tombola prizes and Easter eggs. Please keep supporting the local charity shops and bring in your unwanted clothes, shoes and handbags. Those which are unsuitable for re-sale in the shops can be sold as rags. Why not save odd change in a jar and donate it? Also please keep bringing in cat and dog food as the animals do have to be fed all year round. We also need new or used dog leads, litter trays and dog or cat beds. The rescue centres do appreciate them. May I thank our loyal customers who have supported us over the years at our shop in Lowestoft Road, Gorleston.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 5 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 6 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
Friends of Animals Charity Shop
MAY I, through your letters, thank the wonderful person who found my bunch of keys on Gorleston beach and put them through the Gorleston police station letterbox. How kind to consider the distraught person who lost them.
Thank you so much. The cost and inconvenience it was going to cause me was huge. How wonderful to know there are honest, thoughtful people living in the community.