These small eggs are called wind eggs
- Credit: Archant
Lovely article on Nick’s smallest hens egg... wind eggs as we call them.
They are laid at the beginning and end of hens laying. I have collected loads over the years of chicken keeping and are so tiny. One I had was smaller than the nail on my little finger.
Here is a picture of some of them. The eggs with them are bantam eggs which are small too, about half size of average egg.
I have chicken page on Facebook if anyone else wants to compare their wind eggs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 9 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 10 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds