These small eggs are called wind eggs
- Credit: Archant
Lovely article on Nick’s smallest hens egg... wind eggs as we call them.
They are laid at the beginning and end of hens laying. I have collected loads over the years of chicken keeping and are so tiny. One I had was smaller than the nail on my little finger.
Here is a picture of some of them. The eggs with them are bantam eggs which are small too, about half size of average egg.
I have chicken page on Facebook if anyone else wants to compare their wind eggs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return