These small eggs are called wind eggs
- Credit: Archant
Lovely article on Nick’s smallest hens egg... wind eggs as we call them.
They are laid at the beginning and end of hens laying. I have collected loads over the years of chicken keeping and are so tiny. One I had was smaller than the nail on my little finger.
Here is a picture of some of them. The eggs with them are bantam eggs which are small too, about half size of average egg.
I have chicken page on Facebook if anyone else wants to compare their wind eggs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 6 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 7 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 8 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns
- 9 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 10 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show