Time to work on broken Tory promise of a ferry service from Great Yarmouth
Brandon Lewis has done very well for himself, it is time now for him to take on board the broken promises when the Tory-led council gave away our £20m grant that should have boughtnot just an Outer Harbour but a ferry service.
In 2010, Mr Lewis said his hands were tied and he could not help. A Labour MP managed to get the grant for the Tory council.
The outer harbour has not been the employment money pit, the promised ferry would have produced the 10,000 jobs between in the outer harbour and the Golden Mile. So here is a challenge Brandon, get us that Tory-promised ferry service.
JOHN L COOPER
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 8 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 9 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 10 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up