Tiny egg treasured by Marion
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Great grandmother Marion Hewitt shows off her tiny chicken egg - which could be a rival for the title of world’s smallest egg.
The Caister resident has kept bantam hens for around three years, which enjoy the run of an aviary in her back garden.
Mrs Hewitt, 79, said she “couldn’t believe my eyes” when she first collected the tiny egg, that was laid by one of her smallest hens two years ago.
Since then she has carried it around with her and often uses it as a conversation starter when out and about.
“When you’re sitting somewhere like bingo and you bring them out they all have a laugh about it,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“If we talk about chickens at all I pop them out and show people and they’re quite funny really, people are surprised.”
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 3 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 4 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 5 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 9 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 10 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'