Town traffic troubles are an absolute nonsense
- Credit: Bethany Bane
For goodness sake! An accident on Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth and the whole town grounds to a halt. This is absolute nonsense.
Our councillors and MPS should be fighting tooth and nail for instant action on improving access to the town from the Acle Straight. It is the roundabout which is the cause of any hold-ups, more so when there are accidents on the old A12 towards Gapton Hall roundabout or on Acle New Road.
There just isn’t anywhere else for the held up traffic to go to.
Great Yarmouth is a busy seaside resort which attracts thousands of visitors to the region – yes, region, every year and yet Norfolk County Council appear to regard it as being too far east to b other about.
The town can benefit from Brexit fears keeping people holidaying in the UK, and that means Norfolk as a whole will benefit. Or shall we all stop paying the county council part of our council tax in protest!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs V DUNNE
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 9 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal