Town traffic troubles are an absolute nonsense
- Credit: Bethany Bane
For goodness sake! An accident on Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth and the whole town grounds to a halt. This is absolute nonsense.
Our councillors and MPS should be fighting tooth and nail for instant action on improving access to the town from the Acle Straight. It is the roundabout which is the cause of any hold-ups, more so when there are accidents on the old A12 towards Gapton Hall roundabout or on Acle New Road.
There just isn’t anywhere else for the held up traffic to go to.
Great Yarmouth is a busy seaside resort which attracts thousands of visitors to the region – yes, region, every year and yet Norfolk County Council appear to regard it as being too far east to b other about.
The town can benefit from Brexit fears keeping people holidaying in the UK, and that means Norfolk as a whole will benefit. Or shall we all stop paying the county council part of our council tax in protest!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs V DUNNE
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 6 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 7 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks