Town traffic troubles are an absolute nonsense
- Credit: Bethany Bane
For goodness sake! An accident on Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth and the whole town grounds to a halt. This is absolute nonsense.
Our councillors and MPS should be fighting tooth and nail for instant action on improving access to the town from the Acle Straight. It is the roundabout which is the cause of any hold-ups, more so when there are accidents on the old A12 towards Gapton Hall roundabout or on Acle New Road.
There just isn’t anywhere else for the held up traffic to go to.
Great Yarmouth is a busy seaside resort which attracts thousands of visitors to the region – yes, region, every year and yet Norfolk County Council appear to regard it as being too far east to b other about.
The town can benefit from Brexit fears keeping people holidaying in the UK, and that means Norfolk as a whole will benefit. Or shall we all stop paying the county council part of our council tax in protest!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs V DUNNE
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 4 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on