Town traffic troubles are an absolute nonsense
- Credit: Bethany Bane
For goodness sake! An accident on Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth and the whole town grounds to a halt. This is absolute nonsense.
Our councillors and MPS should be fighting tooth and nail for instant action on improving access to the town from the Acle Straight. It is the roundabout which is the cause of any hold-ups, more so when there are accidents on the old A12 towards Gapton Hall roundabout or on Acle New Road.
There just isn’t anywhere else for the held up traffic to go to.
Great Yarmouth is a busy seaside resort which attracts thousands of visitors to the region – yes, region, every year and yet Norfolk County Council appear to regard it as being too far east to b other about.
The town can benefit from Brexit fears keeping people holidaying in the UK, and that means Norfolk as a whole will benefit. Or shall we all stop paying the county council part of our council tax in protest!
You may also want to watch:
Mrs V DUNNE
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 7 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 8 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 9 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale