Town traffic troubles are an absolute nonsense
- Credit: Bethany Bane
For goodness sake! An accident on Breydon Bridge in Great Yarmouth and the whole town grounds to a halt. This is absolute nonsense.
Our councillors and MPS should be fighting tooth and nail for instant action on improving access to the town from the Acle Straight. It is the roundabout which is the cause of any hold-ups, more so when there are accidents on the old A12 towards Gapton Hall roundabout or on Acle New Road.
There just isn’t anywhere else for the held up traffic to go to.
Great Yarmouth is a busy seaside resort which attracts thousands of visitors to the region – yes, region, every year and yet Norfolk County Council appear to regard it as being too far east to b other about.
The town can benefit from Brexit fears keeping people holidaying in the UK, and that means Norfolk as a whole will benefit. Or shall we all stop paying the county council part of our council tax in protest!
Mrs V DUNNE
- 1 Town centre charity shop building for sale
- 2 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 3 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 4 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 5 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 6 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 9 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed