Reader letter: Winter Gardens can help Marina Centre problem
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
It appears to me, and I may be wrong, that both the Retro Skate and indoor bowls people are not going to be catered for in the new Marina complex.
Thinking about this situation, and it could be a stupid idea, but what about using the Winter Gardens building to house both activities.
The bottom floor of the building could house the Retro Skating facility whilst a new mezzanine floor put in to accommodate the indoor bowling.
At the eastern end of the upper floor could be a cafeteria/restaurant area with a sea view, this could cater for both groups and possibly outsiders.
The problem of excessive heat in the summer months because of all the glass could I’m sure be resolved with reflective film and air conditioning units.
You may also want to watch:
If this idea was a possibility then this would free up large areas of the existing centre for new development without the need for demolition and possibly save money.
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action