Reader letter: Winter Gardens can help Marina Centre problem
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
It appears to me, and I may be wrong, that both the Retro Skate and indoor bowls people are not going to be catered for in the new Marina complex.
Thinking about this situation, and it could be a stupid idea, but what about using the Winter Gardens building to house both activities.
The bottom floor of the building could house the Retro Skating facility whilst a new mezzanine floor put in to accommodate the indoor bowling.
At the eastern end of the upper floor could be a cafeteria/restaurant area with a sea view, this could cater for both groups and possibly outsiders.
The problem of excessive heat in the summer months because of all the glass could I’m sure be resolved with reflective film and air conditioning units.
You may also want to watch:
If this idea was a possibility then this would free up large areas of the existing centre for new development without the need for demolition and possibly save money.
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 4 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 5 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 6 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 7 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 8 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale