Without politicians would there be wars?
- Credit: Archant
In this the centenary since the start of the First World War, having visited the Western Front and stood in awe at the cemeteries where thousand of our brave lads lay, my own ending comes to mind of the famous poem In Flanders Field.
“In Flanders field where poppies grow”...the boys now sleep, row upon row bearing witness to our folly and to the politicians shame!
I often think it should be mandatory for all politicians to likewise visit and think on man’s inhumanity to man while they, at least, sleep safely in their beds.
Without politicians would there be wars? They seem to start them and leave the soldiers to fight and die for their political kudos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 5 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow