Without politicians would there be wars?
- Credit: Archant
In this the centenary since the start of the First World War, having visited the Western Front and stood in awe at the cemeteries where thousand of our brave lads lay, my own ending comes to mind of the famous poem In Flanders Field.
“In Flanders field where poppies grow”...the boys now sleep, row upon row bearing witness to our folly and to the politicians shame!
I often think it should be mandatory for all politicians to likewise visit and think on man’s inhumanity to man while they, at least, sleep safely in their beds.
Without politicians would there be wars? They seem to start them and leave the soldiers to fight and die for their political kudos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out