Without politicians would there be wars?
- Credit: Archant
In this the centenary since the start of the First World War, having visited the Western Front and stood in awe at the cemeteries where thousand of our brave lads lay, my own ending comes to mind of the famous poem In Flanders Field.
“In Flanders field where poppies grow”...the boys now sleep, row upon row bearing witness to our folly and to the politicians shame!
I often think it should be mandatory for all politicians to likewise visit and think on man’s inhumanity to man while they, at least, sleep safely in their beds.
Without politicians would there be wars? They seem to start them and leave the soldiers to fight and die for their political kudos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff