Without politicians would there be wars?
- Credit: Archant
In this the centenary since the start of the First World War, having visited the Western Front and stood in awe at the cemeteries where thousand of our brave lads lay, my own ending comes to mind of the famous poem In Flanders Field.
“In Flanders field where poppies grow”...the boys now sleep, row upon row bearing witness to our folly and to the politicians shame!
I often think it should be mandatory for all politicians to likewise visit and think on man’s inhumanity to man while they, at least, sleep safely in their beds.
Without politicians would there be wars? They seem to start them and leave the soldiers to fight and die for their political kudos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman