Without politicians would there be wars?
- Credit: Archant
In this the centenary since the start of the First World War, having visited the Western Front and stood in awe at the cemeteries where thousand of our brave lads lay, my own ending comes to mind of the famous poem In Flanders Field.
“In Flanders field where poppies grow”...the boys now sleep, row upon row bearing witness to our folly and to the politicians shame!
I often think it should be mandatory for all politicians to likewise visit and think on man’s inhumanity to man while they, at least, sleep safely in their beds.
Without politicians would there be wars? They seem to start them and leave the soldiers to fight and die for their political kudos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 3 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 4 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 5 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 6 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 7 Virtual Christmas light switch-on brings town 'out of darkness of Covid'
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 10 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop