The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Anthony Carroll
New figures showing the seven streets with the cheapest housing prices in Great Yarmouth have been revealed.
The data from H M Land Registry is based on all property sales between 2017 and 2021 where there have been five sales or more in the street.
Date shows Britannia Road by the seafront has the cheapest average price of £61,800.
The second cheapest was Wellington Road, with an average figure of £65,800 and Napoleon Place was third with an average sale price of £75,056.
Howard Street South was fourth on the list with a figure of £75,111 and in fifth position on the property price league was St George's Court with an average price of £75,192.
In sixth place was Camden Road with £73,500 and in seventh position was St Peter's Plain with £75,478.
Ian Harris, senior manager at estate agent Watsons, said: "There are two main factors that affect property prices which are location and size.
"It is not surprising that somewhere like Great Yarmouth has some of the cheapest streets in the county as the town has lots of small Victorian terraced housing with little gardens which are in general not in the best condition which keeps prices low.
"However, Yarmouth is seeing an upward trend post-pandemic as people want to live close to the beach, so these streets offer good value for money in what is an up-and-coming area."
- 1 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 2 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 3 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 4 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 5 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 6 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 7 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 8 Death remains 'unexplained' after body part washed up on beach
- 9 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 10 Four-bed family home minutes from the beach on sale for £400k
The data from H M Land Registry shows areas in Great Yarmouth and Norwich had the cheapest streets in the county.
Norris Court in Norwich has the lowest house price, followed by Britannia Road and Wellington Road, in Yarmouth.
Norris Court came in at £61,714.