10 of the best quotes from the Norfolk edition of Come Dine with Me
PUBLISHED: 14:49 15 February 2017 | UPDATED: 14:59 15 February 2017
Farmer’s wife Rachel Ashford cooked her way to victory on Tuesday night’s Norfolk edition of the hit Channel 4 show, and with local celebrities Donna Africa and Ben Malhado in the mix there were bound to be some memorable moments. We count down the 10 best quotes from the episode.
1) Ben on Donna’s Portuguese starter called Serradura, otherwise known as a sawdust pudding: “I just hope the person who prepared this hasn’t been sanding down a bit of wood and sticking it in a pudding.”
2) Donna talking about her modelling career: “You’ll never see me dress down, why dress down? I always dress up.”
3) Ben asserts his position as top dog at the start of the episode: “I’m definitely the alpha male, I mean I will climb that rock face quicker than you and I will hunt and gather faster than you.”
MORE: Farmer’s wife Rachel wins Norfolk edition of Come Dine with Me
4) Contestant James Wagner talks about his varied jobs: “I’ve done many different things from ballet dancer to actor to firefighter to factory worker to serving coffees.”
5) Farmer’s wife Rachel takes ‘eat local’ to the extreme: “I do eat roadkill. I mean if anything has been killed locally and I know it’s only been there an hour or two ago it would be picked up and dealt with.”
6) Ben realises he’s met his match: “When you’ve got two strong women like Rachel and Donna, me and James have got our work cut out.”
7) Rachel is questioned by Ben on why she’s eaten her food so quickly: “I don’t jibber like a delinquent penguin.”
MORE: Episode of Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me featuring Great Yarmouth’s Ben Melhado and Norwich’s Donna Africa to be aired on Valentine’s Day
8) Donna wonders what is lurking in her lobster starter: Donna: “What’s that red stuff?” Ben: “That is the stuff that dreams are made of.” Donna: “Not my dreams.”
9) Ben is inspired after finding out James is a professionally trained tap dancer: “First thing tomorrow, I’m going to get myself a tutu.”
10) After spotting Rachel’s horse-riding medals, Ben asks her the question on everyone’s lips: “If we were horses which horse would we be? And god forbid there’s any donkeys.”
Did the right person win? Let us know in the comments.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.