3sun’s acquisiton will create 40 new jobs
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth company 3sun Group, a specialist provider of products and services to the global energy industry, has acquired RRC Controls Services based in Gourdonm Aberdeenshire.
The deal, worth a six figure sum, is part of 3sun’s plans to expand its footprint in Aberdeen and enhance its service offering and it is envisaged 40 new jobs will be created between Yarmouth, Aberdeen and Gourdon in the first year.
RRC is an established manufacturer of subsea control systems and will allow 3sun to provide the global subsea market with full turnkey engineering solutions.
RRC will be a wholly owned subsidiary and all current staff retained.
Graham Hacon, managing director of 3sun Group says: ?RRC Controls Services deliver high quality products and services and we have been tracking its progress for some time now. We saw an opportunity to extend beyond our past working relationships through acquisition.
The acquisition follows 3sun’s recent expansion into Denmark with the opening of an office in Esbjerg.
Since the company was established six years ago, it has grown from an initial team of one to now employing 240 people across its HQ in Great Yarmouth, England and bases in Oban, Aberdeen, Chester, Bergen Norway, Germany and in Esbjerg, Denmark.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
Turnover has increased from 2.4m in 2010 to 6.5m in 2011 to 12m in 2012, and the Group is on target to achieve 13.5m in 2013.