£500 for appeal in wife's memory
Laura Bagshaw DONATIONS for the East Coast Palliative Care Appeal continue to pour in thick and fast. Glyn Dyble is pictured presenting a cheque of £500 to the palliative care appeal and the Sandra Chapman Centre at the James Paget University Hospital.
DONATIONS for the East Coast Palliative Care Appeal continue to pour in thick and fast.
Glyn Dyble is pictured presenting a cheque of £500 to the palliative care appeal and the Sandra Chapman Centre at the James Paget University Hospital.
The money was raised in memory of his wife Margaret who sadly passed away last year.
You may also want to watch:
He is pictured presenting the cheque to Toni George and Alison Kerrison from the Sandra Chapman Centre, Margaret's mother, Mrs Read, Jeramy Philpott, Macmillan Palliative Care nurse specialist, Dr Jenny Mallion, Specialist Palliative Care doctor and Margaret's father, Mr Read.
Meanwhile preparations for this year's events are well under way.
- 1 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 2 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Five hundred arrests help Great Yarmouth's war on drugs
- 5 Retired electrician who died in fire at home is named
- 6 'Curiouser and curiouser' - Mystery white rabbit graffiti appears on coast
- 7 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
- 8 'Ripped our hearts out' - Shop owners 'gutted' after burglars strike
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Man in 40s dies from Covid at Norfolk hospital
On Sunday the Starr Winter Magic Theatre tour will be supporting the appeal at their performances at the Marina Centre, Great Yarmouth, at 1.30pm and 4pm. Tickets are available by calling 01260 288690 or available on the door.
Cinderella on Skates at Denes High School, Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft, will be performed on Friday, January 18 and Friday, January 25 at 8.30pm. Entry is £1 with proceeds going to the appeal. The show will also star one of the hospitals specialist nurses Rosemary Thompson.
The Imperial Hotel in Yarmouth will host Burns Night on January 25. Dust down your sporran and enjoy an evening of fine food, pipers and poetry and dance.
The Wherry Hotel in Oulton Broad will host a Valentine charity night on February 2 at 7.30pm. The evening includes bands and a disco and basket meals will be available for £5. Tickets available from Morlings, High Street, Lowestoft, The Wherry Hotel, Music Lovers in Gorleston.
And the palliative care team are still collecting old mobile phones which can be dropped off at the Palliative Care East stall in the main foyer of the hospital.
If you would like to join the fundraising team or host an event in aid of the appeal contact Jenny Westgate on 01493 453348. Donations can be sent by post to the James Paget Healthcare NHS Trust Palliative Care Appeal, Palliative Care Team, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston, NR31 6LA. Cheques should be made payable to Palliative Care East.
Donations can also be made online at www.palliative-care-east.org