A busy weekend for firefighters
FIREFIGHTERS in Great Yarmouth had a busy weekend.At about 6.40am on Saturday, they were called to a house fire in Drift Road, Caister, where the occupier had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
FIREFIGHTERS in Great Yarmouth had a busy weekend.
At about 6.40am on Saturday, they were called to a house fire in Drift Road, Caister, where the occupier had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
At just after 2.15pm, firefighters were called to tackle a bin fire in a council building in Priory Gardens, Gorleston.
Just before 5pm, debris at the back of HJ's Diner, beside Yarmouth's Welling-ton Pier, was set on fire.
About 30 minutes later, crews were called to a crash between a car and farm vehicle at Mill Lane in Ormesby St Margaret. Firefighters managed to free two occupants, who were not thought to be seriously injured.
At 3.20am yesterday, firefighters were called to put out a bin fire in Walpole Road, Yarmouth.
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 3 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 10 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
And at 9.46am, they tackled a small electrical fire at a shop in Northgate Street.