A whole web to discover
THE wonders of the web can be discovered by internet novices at special get online days in the borough next week.Run by East Norfolk Sixth Form College UK online centres, sessions are running from Wednesday to Friday at Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Bradwell and Caister.
THE wonders of the web can be discovered by internet novices at special get online days in the borough next week.
Run by East Norfolk Sixth Form College UK online centres, sessions are running from Wednesday to Friday at Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Bradwell and Caister.
Get Online Days are suitable for complete beginners logging on for the first time, to those who know the basics, but want to learn a bit more.
From internet search engines, online shopping, homework help to health checks, Get Online Day is a chance to give the web a go and see how it could help you and your family in everyday life.
You may also want to watch:
East Norfolk Sixth Form College centre manager Jim Edmonds said: “Everyone in the centres is really excited about Get Online Day.
“It will help us show the local community that using the internet is really easy and convenient - and not something to be worried about. It could help you save time money and hassle, and it could even be fun! “Get Online Day is for everyone, so whether you're 18 or 80 why not come along? We can give you the tips you need to get started.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 4 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 6 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 7 Road shuts in Great Yarmouth after crash involving two cars
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
- 10 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
He added: “We've already helped loads of people get to grips with computers and the internet, and we can't wait to see even more people give it a go.”
One in three adults in the country don't use the internet and 27pc have never been online at all. Get Online Day aims to target families in the area who are currently missing out on all the benefits that the internet can provide.
Last year, more than 10,000 people across England used Get Online Day as an opportunity to give the internet a go, and 98pc said they'd had a good time and wanted to keep on using it in the future.
This year, events at Bradwell, Oriel, Greenacre and Caister Learning Centres are just four of more than 500 events aiming to help more families get online and connect with new services, information and opportunities.
Get online days take place: Wednesday - 12-5pm, Bradwell Adult Learning Centre, Lords Lane, 01493 667953 and 6-8pm, Oriel Learning Centre, Oriel Ave, Gorleston, 01493 721913.
Thursday - 12-5pm, Greenacre Learning Centre, Dickens Ave, Great Yarmouth 01493 857010.
Friday - 12-5pm, Caister Learning Centre, Windsor Road, 01493 721913.
For more information contact Jim Edmonds on 01493 721913.