A12 Bascule Bridge warning
THE A12 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft will be closed overnight several times for essential maintenance.The bridge will be closed from 8pm to 6am on:Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, November 11 to 13.
THE A12 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft will be closed overnight several times for essential maintenance.
The bridge will be closed from 8pm to 6am on:
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, November 11 to 13.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, November 18 to 20
You may also want to watch:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, December 1 to 4.
Peter Smith, Area Performance Manager for the Highways Agency said: !These overnight closures are necessary for the Highways Agency's contractors to carry out testing and commissioning of equipment, during which the bridge must be closed to road traffic.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 3 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 5 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 9 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 10 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
“We would like to apologise for the further disruption caused to the residents and businesses of Lowestoft and assure them that we are striving to reduce this as far as possible. If the testing is completed satisfactorily then no further closures are planned.”
While the overnight bridge closures are in place, the Highways Agency will undertake maintenance work at Battery Green Road just north of the Bascule Bridge. Coordination of these works will reduce disruption to traffic and remove the need for future road closures.
The temporary footbridge currently provided as an alternative crossing over Lake Lothing for pedestrians and cyclists will remain open to the public until the end of December.
Advanced signing and a signed diversion route will be in place during the overnight closures. People using the bridge are asked to consider using public transport, walking or cycling during the closures.