Village bypass to close for entire weekend for roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned that a busy bypass is closing for two days and nights while a roundabout is resurfaced.
The A149 Caister bypass is closing for two days from Saturday November 2 so works can take place at the northern roundabout which joins Norwich Road.
During the closure Jack Chase Way will be open for Prince of Wales Road access only and at the other end the stadium to Norwich Road section will be open for access to Pump Lane and West Road only.
Diversions will be signposted the town via Old Yarmouth Road or Ormesby Road depending on direction of travel.
Norfolk County Council says the resurfacing is being carried out over a weekend to minimise disruption.
The closure will operate between 9am on Saturday and 6am on Monday.
Vehicular and pedestrian access to businesses and properties within the limits of the closure will be maintained..
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The work will cost £70,000.