Village bypass to close for entire weekend for roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned that a busy bypass is closing for two days and nights while a roundabout is resurfaced.
The A149 Caister bypass is closing for two days from Saturday November 2 so works can take place at the northern roundabout which joins Norwich Road.
During the closure Jack Chase Way will be open for Prince of Wales Road access only and at the other end the stadium to Norwich Road section will be open for access to Pump Lane and West Road only.
Diversions will be signposted the town via Old Yarmouth Road or Ormesby Road depending on direction of travel.
Norfolk County Council says the resurfacing is being carried out over a weekend to minimise disruption.
You may also want to watch:
The closure will operate between 9am on Saturday and 6am on Monday.
Vehicular and pedestrian access to businesses and properties within the limits of the closure will be maintained..
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
The work will cost £70,000.