Tributes pour in for 18-year-old woman who died after A149 crash
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman who died after a crash on a Norfolk road has been named as Beth Dove.
On Monday night emergency services were called to reports of a collision outside Repps with Bastwick, where a car had crashed into a tree along High Road outside the village.
Beth Dove, who had been driving the car, was treated by paramedics, but died at the scene.
The passenger, another 18-year-old woman, suffered serious injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
A motorbike ride will take place on Sunday, September 1, in memory of her.
On social media tributes have been pouring in.
One person said: "We went for a couple of rides as a group with her. So unfortunate to hear the loss of such a lively, confident and funny friend."
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
Another commented: "I'm so sorry. Beth was always a good friend to me. I will miss her dreadfully. I would love to attend her funeral to celebrate such a brilliant person's life."
In another tribute Ms Dove was described as "a shining ray of sunshine".
Roads policing officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the crash, or from anyone who may have captured the incident on dash-cam.
Contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police on 101, quoting CAD NC-22072019-630.