Woman who died in A47 crash which killed two drivers named
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A woman in her 70s who died in a crash on the A47 Acle Straight has been named.
Janice Hill, 74, died after the Vauxhall Astra car she was driving was involved in a collision with a VW Passat on Sunday, December 20.
The driver of the Passat, a 49-year-old man, Mauro Samarani, also died in the collision, while a passenger in Ms Hill's car, another woman in her 70s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries.
A dog travelling in one of the cars also died.
The inquest into Ms Hill's death was due to open on Wednesday morning (January 6) at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich.
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding the accident, which closed the A47 for several hours.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash, the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, or anyone with dashcam footage, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 and quote incident number 295 on Sunday, December 20 or email SCIU@norfolk.police.uk
- 1 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 2 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 3 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 4 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 5 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery
- 6 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 7 Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- 8 'No mask, no entry' - Cinema defends policy after turning away customers
- 9 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 10 Will Gorleston's splashpad open this summer?