Woman who died in A47 crash which killed two drivers named
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A woman in her 70s who died in a crash on the A47 Acle Straight has been named.
Janice Hill, 74, died after the Vauxhall Astra car she was driving was involved in a collision with a VW Passat on Sunday, December 20.
The driver of the Passat, a 49-year-old man, Mauro Samarani, also died in the collision, while a passenger in Ms Hill's car, another woman in her 70s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries.
A dog travelling in one of the cars also died.
The inquest into Ms Hill's death was due to open on Wednesday morning (January 6) at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich.
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding the accident, which closed the A47 for several hours.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash, the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, or anyone with dashcam footage, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 and quote incident number 295 on Sunday, December 20 or email SCIU@norfolk.police.uk
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland