A47 Acle Straight reopens - two taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
One man has been seriously injured in a crash that closed the A47 Acle Straight near Great Yarmouth.
Five people were involved in a car crash that closed the A47 Acle Straight near Great Yarmouth for several hours this morning.
Two were taken to hospital for treatment with one man suffering a serious head injury.
The collision happened on New Road, near the Vauxhall Holiday Park, just after 10.30am today, and the road has reopened.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said three vehicles were involved.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust said it was called to the scene at 10.39am.
A spokesman said: 'Three ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer attended and treated five patients at the scene.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 3 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 4 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 5 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 6 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 7 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 8 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 9 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 10 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
'One patient with a serious head injury and two others with minor injuries were taken to James Paget Hospital. Two further patients did not require any medical assistance and were discharged from scene.'
At 1.45pm, the Highways Agency said the road remained closed in both directions at the A12 Vauxhall roundabout for on-going recovery and clean-up work.
The road reopened just after 2.15pm.