Bid to replace failed care home with 16 houses
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A care home that closed after a damning inspectors’ report could be demolished and replaced with 16 houses.
The proposal would see the facility once known as The Lodge, previously Abbeville Lodge, on Acle New Road in Great Yarmouth, redeveloped with residential terraced properties.
The site is located to the north of the A149 Acle New Road.
Draft plans, submitted by applicant Mark Wakerley, with an address in Essex, show 16 three-storey houses with garages on the ground floor.
These would include three blocks of terraced houses with gardens and driveways leading onto School Road Back, as well as a pair of semi-detached town houses on the southern part of the site, accessed from the lane to the rear of Bridge Road.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the bid is expected by Christmas Eve this year
The care home was closed in May 2019 after a Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection found it to be inadequate in all areas.
Full details of the plans can be seen here.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Mayor suspended after breaking Covid rules
- 2 Retired electrician who died in fire at home is named
- 3 Norfolk Day sponsor postpones seaside event over safety concerns
- 4 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 5 Inquest adjourned into death of woman who died during cosmetic operation
- 6 Infections almost double national average in some Yarmouth neighbourhoods
- 7 'Ripped our hearts out' - Shop owners 'gutted' after burglars strike
- 8 Man helped from river after concerns for his safety
- 9 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk