Bid to replace failed care home with 16 houses
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A care home that closed after a damning inspectors’ report could be demolished and replaced with 16 houses.
The proposal would see the facility once known as The Lodge, previously Abbeville Lodge, on Acle New Road in Great Yarmouth, redeveloped with residential terraced properties.
The site is located to the north of the A149 Acle New Road.
Draft plans, submitted by applicant Mark Wakerley, with an address in Essex, show 16 three-storey houses with garages on the ground floor.
These would include three blocks of terraced houses with gardens and driveways leading onto School Road Back, as well as a pair of semi-detached town houses on the southern part of the site, accessed from the lane to the rear of Bridge Road.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the bid is expected by Christmas Eve this year
The care home was closed in May 2019 after a Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection found it to be inadequate in all areas.
Full details of the plans can be seen here.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 5 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 6 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 7 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget