Accolades for young scholars
IT was back to school for last year's leavers from East Norfolk Sixth Form College - for the annual presentation of awards.The event is the first chance for many of the students to meet up with old classmates.
IT was back to school for last year's leavers from East Norfolk Sixth Form College - for the annual presentation of awards.
The event is the first chance for many of the students to meet up with old classmates.
There were 129 Norfolk Scholar awards for those with very high A level and BTEC National Diploma exam pass grades. Over and above that success there were over 50 students who were awarded the status of Governors' Scholars, with a pass score of 480 points or more (equivalent to four grade A passes at A level).
The certificates were presented by the chairman of governors, Mark Duffield, and the special awards were given out by Heuwen Dennison, President of the Norfolk Branch of the British Federation of Women Graduates. In particular, she was pleased to present the Federation's Betty Robinson Award to Grace Harvey.
You may also want to watch:
The top awards were the Foundation scholar awards for exam excellence to Sara Timms, Becci Burley and Ian Whitehead, who each achieved the equivalent of more than five grade A passes.
Principal Laurie Poulson praised the students for their “superb” achievements both academically - keeping the college in the top 20 of all colleges for the ninth consecutive year; for getting five of the top 10 results in photography in the whole country; and more generally for retaining the East of England Sports Trophy for the second year.
- 1 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 2 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 3 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 4 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 5 Britain's Got Talent performer to host comedy special in Gorleston
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
Foundation Scholars for Exam Excellence: Sara Timms, Becci Burley, Ian Whitehead
The Whitehead Memorial Prize for Endeavour and Effort: Sarah Clegg, Ryan Seakins
The Dr Lettis Bequest for Work in Art: Camilla Fellas, Genevieve Rudd, Matt Harris, Joe Carver, Willem Botha, Liam Hine
The Harrison Prize for Sporting Achievement: Sam Noble
The Edward Worlledge Prize for Sporting Achievement: Luke Allen
The Mason Prize for Work in Drama/Music: Grace Harvey
The Thomas Rowe Memorial Prize for Voluntary work and Contribution to College Life: Conor Love, Amy Peirce
The Sir William Utting Prize for Achievement in History, Law, Politics or Economics: Adam Javes, Lizzie Morris
The Level 2 Award: Maria Araos-Mason
Aldreds Art Prize: Mandy Mullender
Betty Robinson Award, British Federation of Women Graduates: Grace Harvey
Emily Tweed: Maths Prize
Ryan Seakins and Sarah Clegg: Endeavour
Conor Love and Amy Peirce: contribution to college life
Grace Harvey and Heuwen