Danny Boyle heads to Norfolk to shoot Beatles film and you could star in it
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
All you need is love... or a chance to star in a film made by top director Danny Boyle in Norfolk.
The Oscar-winning director of Slumdog Millionaire and Trainspotting fame will be shooting a film based around The Beatles with the working title of All You Need from next month.
Mr Boyle has already given a high school in Acle a starring role in his new film with some of the pupils possibly being cast as extras.
And as the plans for the film, which is believed to be about if The Beatles never existed, gather pace other people in our region could feature in it as well.
A casting call has gone out for extras for the film which will be shot in East Anglia from April to June.
The film will see comedy scribe Richard Curtis also play a large role behind the camera and it is being made by Working Title Films.
Photographs for roles took place at Acle Academy on Thursday as the big screen beckons for the school and its community.
In a statement posted on Facebook the school said it was “absolutely thrilled” to be involved.
- 1 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 9 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
The statement said: “We are very excited to announce that the Oscar winning director Danny Boyle has chosen Acle Academy as a location for a film shoot for his latest film collaboration with Richard Curtis.
“Students of Acle Academy have the wonderful opportunity to appear as extras in the scene.
“Photographs for casting are taking place on Thursday.
“We are absolutely thrilled with this opportunity for our school.”
Meanwhile, the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston is also in discussions with filmmakers about scenes being shot there.
A spokeswoman for the James Paget said: “We can confirm that we have been approached by a film company, which wishes to use the James Paget University Hospital as a potential filming location. Our discussions with the company are on-going.”
Earlier in the month it was reported that Mr Boyle and Mr Curtis, known for Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill, had joined forces to work on a film built around the music of the Beatles.
The only actor cast so far was reported as Himesh Patel, who played Tamwar Masood for several years on EastEnders.
As well as East Anglia scenes could also be shot in London.
Acle Academy principal Helen Watts said she was unable to comment further.
To apply for the film visit castingcollective.co.uk/become-an-artiste/urgent-casting-calls#eastanglia