Road to close for five nights for roadworks
- Credit: Archant
A stretch of the A1064 will close for five nights for roadworks.
The job, costing £142,600, will see Norfolk County Council resurface a section of the carriageway, also known as the Acle Link Road, from the A47 roundabout to just north of the junction with Old Road,
The road will be closed from 8pm to 6am for five nights from September 21.
During the overnight closures a signed diversion route will be in place, with access through the closure allowed for emergency vehicles only.
The junction with Old Road will also be resurfaced, the county council has said.
You may also want to watch:
The job will involve stripping the existing surface of the carriageway and resurfacing it, replacing the road studs and reinstating the lining.
The county council has thanked people for their patience while the work is carried out.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 4 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 5 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 75th wedding anniversary for couple who 'love each other to bits'
- 10 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store